FOG-FREE VISION FOR NEW WAYS OF LIFE1
AN ANTI-FOG TREATMENT TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
Wearing a mask has forced us to adapt to a new way of life. For lens wearers, the fog phenomenon affects our daily lives. The Optifog® treatment is the solution to remedy this phenomenon.
Fog consists of many water droplets. It is formed by ambient humidity which condenses into small droplets on a surface. There are different factors that influence the formation of fog:
- The temperature difference between two environments
- The relative humidity of the warm environment the lens wearer has entered
AN EFFECTIVE SOLUTION AGAINST FOGGING
Optifog is Essilor’s smart and unique anti-fog system: a lens with anti-fog top layers and an Optifog activator cloth with anti-fog molecules that activate the power of the Optifog lens. Just wipe your lenses as usual. The molecules in the activator cloth activate the power on the lens to maintain the anti-fog properties, just by wiping your lenses!
See how it works.
MORE THAN JUST ANTI-FOG SOLUTION
In addition to its anti-fog properties, the Optifog anti-reflective treatment protects your eyes from glare, scratches, and dust to give you clear vision. It also offers backside protection against UV rays thanks to the E-SPF® 25+* index.
DIFFERENT PROFESSIONS MAKE USE OF OPTIFOG
Although the trend in anti-fog solutions is now on the rise with the use of face masks, Optifog is also ideal for people whose professions and lifestyles regularly expose them to fogging. Whether you are a dentist, doctor, nurse, firefighter, cook, etc., the Optifog coating will accompany you daily and will allow you to work without this constraint.
REGARDLESS OF ACTIVITY OR SEASON
Fog is unpredictable and can strike at any time. It can be particularly dangerous and uncomfortable. You can encounter this phenomenon during sports and leisure activities: cycling, winter sports, running, climbing, walking, tennis, driving, etc. Avoid fogging, even in extreme conditions,1 with the Optifog anti-reflective treatment.
98% of wearers consider that the Optifog treatment is sufficiently effective against fogging.2
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR LENSES WITH OPTIFOG
- EVERY DAY: Activate and clean your Optifog lenses using the Optifog activator cloth.
- EVERY 2 WEEKS: Wash the Optifog lenses with water.
- EVERY 3 MONTHS (or after 450 uses): Replace your Optifog activator cloth.
USE THE OPTIFOG1 ACTIVATOR CLOTH:
- When the anti-fog performance of your Optifog lenses is decreasing (daily application is not required)
- To clean your Optifog lenses
Note: All water-based liquids will remove the Optifog activator from lenses. If lenses are in contact with water (ex: rain), the Optifog activator cloth needs to be reapplied.
TWO IMPORTANT CARE TIPS FOR YOUR OPTIFOG ACTIVATOR CLOTH
- Do not wash your Optifog activator cloth as this will remove its activation efficiency.
- After washing your Optifog lenses with water, or if they have been in contact with any liquid, dry them before reactivating them with the Optifog activator cloth.
1 Internal laboratory test in extreme conditions. Optifog lenses to be activated with the Optifog activator cloth. Test support: 2013 R&D lab test in hot (52°C) and cold (0°C to 23°C) extreme conditions. 98% wearers satisfaction according to tests conducted in (France) - 2013.
2 Base: All Optifog Smart Textile wearers n=93/93 – In-life wearers test conducted by a 3rd independent party (France) - 2013.
* The E-SPF® index is a global index certifying the overall UV protection of a lens. The E-SPF® index was developed by Essilor International and is endorsed by expert third parties. The E-SPF® index relates to lens performance only and excludes direct eye exposure, which depends on external factors (wearer’s morphology, frame shape, position of wear). (Except for Orma E-SPF® 10 index.)